Saturday, August 26, 2006

Day 133 - Cairns Wine & Food Festival - The Esplanade, Cairns - Scallops in Savoury Cream Sauce

.

Throughout the months of August and September, The Cairns Festival runs almost daily events across the city. A wide variety of dance, music, cutural and culinary activities are organized for locals and tourists alike. On this particular day, the more scenic part of The Esplanade was roped-off for the annual Cairns Wine & Food Festival, a great opportunity to enjoy good food and great wine in an oceanside setting.

My canadian housemate Krista joined me as we ate our way around the world, so to speak, enjoying among other things: seafood, Indian, and (below) Mexican eats.



Sooner than later, I had to get going for my rugby team's 2nd semi-final match a short distance from downtown ... but not before enjoying one more glass of wine and a tropical setting sun.


Posted by Picasa

One of our OTHER canadian housemates (I know, I know ....) Jeremy, who is a chef by trade, was working one of the festival's booths. Krista and I agreed that it was Jeremy's scallops which topped our list of "Tastiest Eats". Recipe below ...

** Recipe on its way - Jeremy hasn't divulged yet ...

No comments: